Sunday, November 2, 2008

Catching Up

It's been awhile since I've taken some time for myself. Today is that day. I am posting to my blogs, listening to some music, watching a few You Tube videos, including this one from Bright Eyes and, catching up on my reading. YES, I REALLY KNOW HOW TO PARTY.

Anyway, here are a few more thoughts for today. First and foremost just wanted to encourage everyone to get out and vote on Tuesday, if you haven't already voted early. Vote whether it is nice out, or whether it is raining and cold. Vote whether you think your candidate can win, or not. Vote, vote, vote!

Second, just a thought to add to the many eloquent reflections on the passing of Studs Terkel. I thank him for introducing me to work that celebrated and allowed the voices of those, perhaps, otherwise unheard. One of my favorite stories, introduced to me by one of my favorite professors in a performance class in college, comes from his book, Studs Terkel's "Coming of Age: The Story Of Our Century By Those Who've Lived It."

Third, on a personal note, I am happy to say that I have graduated from physical therapy and have mostly gained normal mobility again! Yes, I still have to do exercises, and yes, sometimes my knee still hurts, but, I am mobile again. Just this morning I was finally able to walk the 1 1/2 miles into town and back. I have been visualizing this in my morning meditations for the past 11 weeks. I was so grateful to finally be able to do this.

No comments: