Friday, September 12, 2008

What Can I Do?

I was going to put up a light hearted post today, but as time passes, I feel compelled to do something-albeit, a very small something-regarding Hurricane Ike.

My heart goes out to those who live in the immediate area of Galveston, TX and all other surrounding areas that will be impacted directly, and as a residual of this serious hurricane. I send the highest of positive thoughts and intentions across the miles for safety, help, assistance, strength and healing for all those who need it. Including Aqua Man's family, some who live in Galveston, TX and the rest in Houston.

Positive thoughts can't hurt, but I also know that there will be a lot of after math from this hurricane. To this end, I've just made a small donation to The American Red Cross through there on-line web site. I am thankful that I was able to do this today. I ask that, if you can, please donate today. A $10.00 minimum donation is needed to do so on-line. www.redcross.org
I also know, and respect, that $10.00 can be too much to donate. I've been there myself and know that $10.00 can be just too much to give, or that you may not have $10.00 extra dollars to give.

But together-positive thoughts, monetary donations, donations of food, water, clothes, and donating blood-however you may be able to help, together, it will all add up. And it will make a positive impact for those who need it most.

No comments: