Sunday, August 3, 2008

I Heart My New Town!

Three things I really love about my new town:

1)Just discovered a just opened-as in last night-art gallery/store that supports local visual and multi-genre artists. So great, and it's with in walking distance to our house.

2)Just discovered that there is a bead store/studio within walking distance with a very decent selection of beads, supplies, space to make jewelry, and jewelry making classes, as well. Yippee!

3)The fact that I can WALK to my yoga classes, then walk to get a Vegan, Organic bite to eat afterwards, and then walk back home.

If I could only describe how hard things were for the past few years, and then to come through, to the other side, if you will, and be living somewhere that we truly feel good about, and can see all of us thriving in. Its just mind-blowing. I am very, very grateful, and really able to enjoy the good times while they are here.
---------------

On a separate note: tomorrow I take The Kid to sign up for Kindergarten. I have to confess that I am feeling a bit nervous about it. With all of the changes going on lately I've really just taken one thing at a time, as they come, and haven't really thought about the specifics of this new transition. Things like, The Kid may-or may not-depending on the schedule he is given by school, be taking a bus to another program. A BUS! By himself. Yes, this I haven't thought about much so as not to induce small scale anxiety attack. I know he will be fine if he does take a bus, and we've raised him to be independent of us, and he'll be with other kids. But, its just, well, he's 5! And it's going to take some getting used to, if this is needed, that's all.

Also, on a larger scale, I have to confess that I don't look forward to spending time in educational institutions, unless they are college campuses, preferably graduate programs. It personally kinda freaks me out to be back standing in a grade school setting. I am naturally inclined to be suspicious and leery of them; their testing and grading and such. And Aqua Man has the same type of orientation to schools, as well. Although, we did already meet the principle and she seemed really cool. Overall, though, me thinks this new phase will be a journey for all of us.

No comments: