Friday, December 5, 2008

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Damn, The Rolling Stones are so rock and roll wise.

You see, if I had some extra coin, I know what I would be doing this weekend. I would hop on that train into the city, grab a cab, and take The Kid and Aqua Man to see this family matinee performance by HUBBARD STREET DANCE COMPANY! One of my favorite dance companies of all time. I can almost feel that playbill in my hand, the excitement as the lights first dim, and the dancers take the stage.

However, within the last few weeks we have paid out to have our furnace fixed, our plumbing fixed, and just this morning, a new car battery replaced (apparently, our former battery has not adjusted well to our new cold weather location, and will not be doing so anytime soon). I am so grateful that we could afford to pay for all of this. But, holiday gifts still need to be purchased, and oh, you know, groceries. So, for now, I am going to have to take a pass on attending this performance. BUT, YOU SHOULD TOTALLY GO SEE IT!! Yes, yes, I will live vicariously through YOU. So, if you attend, shoot me an email and let me know how it was; I would love to hear about it!

No comments: