Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Need To Get With The Times

The Kid will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. Between the end of preschool and now, The Kid has really grown and started to act a lot more mature. A good deal of this has to do with him spending so much time with his older cousins since we've moved here. It's been great to see him come into his own even more than before, but sometimes I am taken off guard by how independent he's becoming.

The other day the following exchange took place between The Kid and I in regard to me offering him some help with buttoning up a normally "tough" button:

Me: (After watching him struggle for a few moments, I casually ask)
Do you need some help with that?

The Kid: [A bit exasperated, yet with compassion at my "mistake"]
Mom-my! I need to PRACTICE. If I need your help, I'll ask!

No comments: