Thursday, February 28, 2008

What Worry Feels Like

It feels like a sharp, twangy pain inside my left shoulder cap, and runs across and down the left side of my lower neck and shoulder blade. Just in case you were wondering, there you go. I had Aqua Man drive The Kid to school this morning because turning my head, shifting gears, and generally just sitting up for extended periods were not on my "to-do" list. Grrrrr. I have the tendency to be a I-don't-feel-good-something-is-hurting-me-but-I-still-have-to-get-things
done-
person. So today may be all about annoying myself. Hooray! Although intense pain has a way of making a person mellow, just a leeetle bit, and I take the pain in my neck, back, and shoulders very seriously, in that I listen to it and know not to push it. It's been so long since I've felt this shoulder/neck/back pain that I actually forgot what it was like before I started practicing yoga three years ago--it used to be frequent and intense, and often my back would "give out." I am so freakin' grateful that I don't feel like that all of the time, anymore. I know with some restorative and gentle yoga stretches and breathing today that I'll be able to loosen up the area and get some relief.

No comments: