Friday, February 8, 2008

Morning Mush

This morning, The Kid woke up around 6:30 a.m. which is about an hour earlier than his usual wake up time. I was in the middle of my yoga practice, in the dark, on my mat, when he walked into the room and startled me. Well, actually, we both startled each other. After a short hug and moments of answering his questions about what yoga posture I was doing, and what kind of breathing makes that noise, etc., The kid suddenly perked up and said, "Hey, why aren't you snuggling me in bed, Mommy?" At first I didn't get what he was saying, but then I realized that some mornings, time allowing, I would sit on the side of his bed, rubbing his back, snuggling, and slowly helping to wake him up. But over the months this has been less and less as we've gotten busier, and The Kid has grown.

But this morning, since The Kid was up so early he expected his morning snuggle. He was a bit taken aback that I hadn't thought of it myself (Um, okay, listen. You just walked out. It's still dark. Coffee is a distant thought. Work with me, will you?) Yea, what was I thinking? HELLO! You are awake, I am awake. There-fore I should be snuggling you, not practicing yoga in the dark . Of course, makes perfect sense.

So, we lay down together and after a few moments of quiet, The Kid turned to me and began a word game that we used to play when he was younger.

"Mommy, I love you SOOOOOO much."

"I love you, SOOOOOO much."

"Mommy, I love you one hundred-fifty thousand!"

"Wow. I love you one million!"

"Mommy, I love you fifty million!"

"Well, I love you to the moon and back. "

"Mommy, I love you to Kenya. And to Florida and Chicago and New York."
------------------
Awesome!

No comments: