Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Home Yoga Sequence

Lately, my home practice has been feeling very stale, and while I long to be practicing at the yoga studio with my favorite teachers, my finances just can't support this right now. So, I'm always on the look out for ways to make yoga affordable and accessible, and I'm happy to pass ideas along to you as I discover them.

I went to Yoga Journal's web page and found a feature that offers a yoga sequence builder. I'm going to give it a try. If you want to check it out, go here and take a look. There is an option to make your own sequence or to click on a sample sequence as well. Either way, you can put in options for all levels, intermediate and advanced sequences/poses. Today, I'm feeling drawn to seated twists, back bends, Bandha positions, deep breathing (pranayama) and some good old restorative poses to end with. I'm going to enter all of this in, see what suggestions they give, play around a bit, and give it a try today and throughout my weekend. If you try this out, too, I'd love to know what you thought about using this sequence building guide.

Happy Friday to all!

No comments: